I’ve been getting a few questions about the review assignment due on Monday. This assignment needs to be posted to your blog. You may choose to do links within the piece, as appropriate (link to what you are reviewing for example).
You may review anything of your choice: CD, DVD or movie in theaters, a play, a concert, an art opening, any other event, a restuarant, a book.
- Don’t give away endings of movies, plays and books.
- When reviewing music, give the audience a feel for the genre and describe/critique a few songs.
- Feel free to reference other reviews on the same topic.
- For events, galleries, and restaurants provide information on the atmosphere of the place.
- For restaurants, limit your review to food you actually ate there. Tell us what you had to drink as well
- Your review doesn’t have to be positive. You can write a negative review of something if you find the need.
The rest is really up to you. Your opinion shoudl be clear to me. A review doesn’t need to be terribly long: remember the example we saw in class was less than half a page of the newspaper. So if you write in Word first, keep it to a page–page and a half, single spaced.